So you’ve finally decided to add some gym time to your timetable, and I’m assuming you’re going to be working out in a commercial gym. While you work your ass off to keep fit, everyone at the gym will be watching you from a distance: judging. For that reason, I have prepared a handy list of some of the etiquette issues you might be vulnerable to when you’re lifting those heavy metal plates.
While these tips might not exactly make you a better bodybuilder, they’ll surely go a long way to earn you some respect at the gym. Here are 10 things you should never do at the gym.
1. Making snorting noises and grunting loudly. We get it. You’re a tough muscleman. But nobody cares. Everybody is busy trying to drill some muscles too. Stop causing unnecessary distractions.
2. Going to the gym with the same sweaty clothes every day. This is a sanctuary too you know. People are here to get transformed. Wash your clothes when you’re done. Nobody wants to work out next to a stinking hominid.
3. Texting at the gym. I’ve seen guys at the gym who are constantly on the phone. They’ll pile up a stack of plates, sit on them, and then get busy on the phone, texting, taking selfies and all that kind of crap. Yo, bro! This is a gym. Not a Hollywood scene. You’re inconveniencing some people by barring them from using those pieces you’re seated on.
4. Giving people unsolicited advice. Let’s get something clear. You’re a gym member, just like everybody else; not a personal trainer. Unless somebody asks for your help, it’s totally inappropriate and a little rude to start throwing rectification suggestions out of the blue.
5. Sweating all over the gym equipment. Gym equipment is meant to be shared. How would you feel if the person preceding you on that weight-lifting bench left it all sweaty and gross? I thought so too. So do some cleaning here and there once you’re done. Nobody wants to swim in your sweat.
6. Struggling to use a machine based on guesswork. Asking some basic questions on how to use a machine doesn’t make you a fool. What’s foolish is ending up with an injury just because you were too egotistical to ask.
7. Staring at people while they work out. It doesn’t matter how huge their muscles are or how enthralled you are. Just don’t gawk! It’s off-putting to the subject and also a little creepy.
8. Never adjust your nuts while everyone is watching. Never! I have nothing else to say about this one.
9. Getting too comfy and singing loudly with your headphones on. Chances are, nobody wants to hear you sing. Be cool. Be cool
10. Checking your abs in the mirror after every damn set or lifting your shirt, pretending to wipe off sweat on your face but desperately hoping that everybody will notice your abs. In all likelihood, everybody in there has a pack on their chest that they can flaunt. If we all decided to lift our shirts, the gym would look like a gay bar. Thank you for reading this article, feel free to visit our online store for the best deals by clicking here.